IMS Bench SIPp
This section is about a set of changes and additions to SIPp, contributed by Intel and aimed at providing an open source implementation of the IMS/NGN Performance Benchmark, ETSI specification TS 186 008.
To learn more about what it is and what it can do, please read the Introduction. To get a really quick feel for it, here are a couple of example benchmark reports for hypothetical systems:
- Example Report with a hypothetical IMS Core as SUT
- Example Report with a hypothetical SIP proxy as SUT
To learn how to use IMS Bench SIPp and how to create scenarios that take advantage of the features it brings, please refer to the Reference documentation.
New features and Fixes in SVN revision 591 (15-Oct-2010):
- Support for automatic re-registration of the users. The users can now be re-registerd for instance after 1/2 hour, using new <start_scen> action in registration scenarios .
- Support for Call Forwarding and VoiceMail scenarios. See new scenarios sut_fwd_A.xml, sut_fwd_B.xml and sut_fwd_C.xml
- Support for UDP Keep-Alive. See Keep Alive
- Support for generating load to multiple SUT by setting <multiple_sut> parameter to 1 within the configuration section of manager.xml;
- Support gcc-4.4 C++ stdlib changes, which changes the prototypes for many of the str*() family of functions.
- (Fix) Changed the way sipp react to 4xx messages in reply to INVITES. Content of ACK message is now based on the INVITE content, not hard-coded anymore.
- (Fix) Fixed a race condition in CManager:CheckTimeEvents which could in rare cases cause some statistics to be be incorrectly set to 0.
- (Fix) Fixed a segmentation fault when the last run of a bench is a run with a max_calls condition, and the manager is not run in full automated mode (-e switch)
- (Fix) Increased maximum number of RTD from 5 to 20
- (Fix) The test was stopped when no scenario was completed in the step, with a message "no scenario attempted in this step". The test is now stopped only if the number of attempted scenario in the step is zero. A test with attempted scenario but no successfull ones in a step would not stop for this reason (if there are failed ones, it would stop because of over-ihs). This helps with tests with small steps and very long scenarios (long call duractions for instance).
New features and Fixes in SVN revision 589 (4-Aug-2009):
- Increased system limits (e.g. number of SIPP test systems)
- Cleaned up lots of warning related to const char*. Also made parts of manager code more readable.
- (Fix) Fixed max_calls condition when used in other run than first one or in multiple runs
New features in SVN revision 587 (28-Jul-2009):
- Support for SIP traffic over TCP. SIP traffic between each SIPp instance and the System Under Test goes over a pair of TCP sockets.
- Support in the ims_bench Perl script, for scenarios without pre-registration. The script can now generate user data files suitable for tests without a pre-registration phase (e.g. for Application Server testing).